UrbanRhetoric

UrbanRhetoric

8.05.2010

Most Wanted: Book City Jackets

Besides a brand new wardrobe and a spiffy Trapper Keeper (which would last for exactly 2 weeks and then I needed an industrial strength notebook), my favorite thing about the start of the school year was getting a set of book covers.  Why?

1. I am nerdy and book covers showed that I had respect for the books. Duh.
2. I went to a public school in the South Bronx and was particularly scared of my teachers.

While my peers tended to like the New Kids on the Block covers, I gravitated towards the regular ol' brown paper ones.  Mostly so I could draw the Ghostbusters' logo over and over again.


While browsing through beauty products on Target's site, I came across these awesome book covers by Book City Jackets.


I mean, seriously, how effing cool is this?  And in looking at their site, this Brooklyn-based duo are making all sorts of covers that are beautiful and creative (the Kindle one cracks me up).  I particularly like how they used the covers to accent their bookshelves.


Now, if only I could convince my sister to submit for their artists' series.  That would just rock my world.

Check out Book City Jackets on their site or on Target.com.

4 comments:

  1. those are awesome. i had like 3000 trapper keepers as a kid.
    i will probably wrap my books this semester in brown paper bags, as i have been taught by my mom. that or just bang those shits up like always. usually i'm so resentful at the end of the year that i hate my textbooks. but i keep them. cuz science books are expensive, dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are definitely really amazing ... i always hated putting book covers on my text books .. i was a huge bookworm and i kind of liked when they got all messed up cuz it proved that i'd read them ... lol .

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these! such a great idea! I never used book covers at school- but would have if i had these! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. my how things have changed since i was a wee one. i totally dug the paperbag cover look, as well. doodles everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment for UrbanRhetoric. We really appreciate the feedback, questions, ideas + love. Holler