UrbanRhetoric

UrbanRhetoric

1.30.2010

mark Eyeliner [product review]....by pemora

mark Eyeliner [product review]
by pemora

About a year ago (or was it 2?), I posted about my 30 second make-up routine.  Since then, the routine has stayed fairly the same with a couple of experiments here + there.  After all of my Clinique Quickliner pencils ran out at the same time, I decided to try mark's Eyemarker Color On Line.


Pros:
*The color goes on very very smooth.  As a mom who can't fuss with my eye make-up and needs to run out the door (because I am always always always late), that's a huge plus.  The color goes on quickly and easily.
*Very bright colors. This is especially good for women of color, who need something more vibrant against our skin.
*Nice options of colors. I especially like the blue.

Cons:
*Not good for women with oily skin.  The color not only didn't stay put, but at one point, I had blue eyeliner UNDER my eyes.  Dark circles + blueish eyeliner color? No bueno.
*The colors can be a bit too glittery for day.  Especially the purple and green.  Those seem more appropriate for evening. (I've actually taken to layering the purple and green with a brown eyeliner from Maybelline to cut down some of the Liberace glitz)

While I really miss my Clinique eyeliner (especially the purple!), the mark version is a nice alternative.  And if you are interested in other mark products, try the Dew Drenched Moisturlicious Lip Color.  I swear by every color and pair them with my LaBello lip balm.  Good good stuff.

3 comments:

  1. try putting shadow on first and then put the eyeliner. i had the same problems with my eyes till i learned that trick...

    great review. i might try this eyeliner now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for your comment! feel free to email me with any questions you may have about the gallery shows, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, lady. I read this post a while back, but it wasn't until 2 weekends ago that I needed a new eyeliner and instead of getting the same old smudgy black something or other at CVS I went straight to the Clinique counter at the mall to try something different. I purchased dis

    http://www.clinique.com/product/CATEGORY4897/PROD7508/Makeup/Eye_Liners/index.tmpl

    Ohhhh it's so bomb. It's soft and smokey with that little extra pop of purple that compliments a latina in the morning, noon and night. xo Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment for UrbanRhetoric. We really appreciate the feedback, questions, ideas + love. Holler