UrbanRhetoric

UrbanRhetoric

7.20.2011

The Glow.....by pemora

Like most moms, I spend time thinking about my personal style (that is, in my 'free moments'). For a number of years, I described my style as a J. Crew meets the South Bronx aesthetic. I'm not so sure that I still hold to that description but I also have no clue how I would explain the way I dress now. I would like to think that it is more refined, more sophisticated, a bit more me. In reality, I think I simply dress in a way that covers my lady lumps, downplays the perma-splotch of spit-up on my shoulder, and can be thrown in the washing machine. Yeah, oh so fashionable.

The nice thing about this world wide web is that a number of mommies have come forward as awesome style bloggers. Its depressing inspiring to see actual moms dress up  every day, hair slightly flapping in the wind, make-up to perfection. Man, I miss looking pretty.


One site that has become an obsession of mine has been The Glow. The mommies on this site look fabulous while a wee bit disheveled, their kids are cute and rambunctious, and their personal style really seems like their own. Even the handlers of the site are awesome, responding to a recent sad email plea from me to feature more mommies.



I particularly love that each entry ends with the mommy's favorite recipe. They each look fairly simple, even simple enough for someone who almost ended up on Food Network's 'Worst Cooks in America'. That would be me. For real.



Make sure to check out The Glow. BTW, some other mommy style blogs that I obsess over? A Cup of Jo, Ain't No Mom Jeans, Bleubird Vintage, and Green Eggs and Glam. I need to use all of this as motivation to step up my fashion game....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment for UrbanRhetoric. We really appreciate the feedback, questions, ideas + love. Holler